These wraps are perfect for kids’ lunch boxes as they contain healthy oily fish in the middle of a juicy and creamy tomato and cucumber salad. It is great for picnic lunches too. No need of packing any extra ketchup or sauces, because the filling has it all.
You need the following items to wrap this up:
- Soft warps , preferably wholemeal
- Tuna in brine (squeezed away the brine water)
- Cucumber, red onion and tomato (All chopped into tiny pieces (remove the seed part from tomatoes)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Ketchup and mayonnaise
Let’s wrap it:
- Place chopped cucumber, red onion and tomato in a bowl and mix salt and pepper. Using your fingers mix all thoroughly and keep aside for a few mins.
- Add tuna flakes and mix with a flat butter knife.
- Add a large dollop of mayonnaise and mix all together.
- Adjust the taste at this point.
- Now on a hot flat pan warm up a wrap , both sides for a few seconds.
- Lay it on the kitchen top and spread ketchup liberally.
- Place a mound of tuna filler in the middle of the wrap.
- Bring one side forward and fold from sides.
- Roll up.
- Cut in an angular shape from the middle and insert a lattice leaf.
- Now let both rolls sit primly in the lunch box side by side.