Now, this is something insanely simple for busy mums, who are eager to make a hassle free, yummy dinner for hungry kids. Undoubtedly, kids love pizza and they will be delighted to feast on something similar.
The choice is endless: you can, for instance, toss any of your favourite toppings to make it look and taste nicer. My little son’s favourite is canned tuna flakes, tossed around with sliced onions and lots of black olives. Perfect! A real balanced, healthy meal indeed!!
If you have pre-baked or roasted chicken, simply spread it on. Otherwise, simple veggie pizza would taste yummy too.
So, let’s get ready with the easy-to-find ingredients:
Get ready with these:
- Keep ready Sliced onions, tomatoes, black olives, tuna flakes, bell-peppers, Jalapeno etc.
- Oregano gives the distinct aroma of pizzas, so it’s a must have.
- Also, get ready with ketchup and several slices of bread.
- And, lots of Mozzarella cheese and grated Cheddar cheese.
Let’s make :
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 C.
- Place some bread slices on a wire-rack.
- Place the wire-rack in the middle of the oven.
- Leave just 1 min and take out. (This will make the top side of the slices slightly crusty)
- Now, flip the the bread slices over and place on the rack: crusty side down and the soft side up.
- Spread a generous amount of ketchup on each slice.
- Toss sliced onions, olives and thinly sliced tomatoes
- Spread pre-cooked chicken or tuna flakes
- Sprinkle oregano, a little salt and pepper
- Add chopped pieces of green chili or jalapeno
- Sprinkle some cheddar cheese
- Finally, toss mozzarella cheese liberaly on top
- All ready !! into the oven now!!
- Baking time will take only 5 mins
- Your bread pizzas are ready to serve with a dollop of ketchup or chili sauce