These fish fillets with golden crispy coating and soft inner flakes taste delicious when served straight out of the frying pan. A perfectly healthy dinner choice with an assortment of steamed veggies tossed on a dollop of butter. Fresh or frozen King fish is the best choice for this recipe for its soft flaky texture.
Let’s make the fish fillets:
- Wash and pat dry and scrape the skin off from the fish fillets
- Season with lemon juice, salt and pepper
- Keep aside
Make the batter
- Mix 1/4 cup of plain flour with water to make a thick batter
- Add a few pinches of turmeric to give colour little salt
- In a flat plate, spread a cup of golden breadcrumbs
Dip it / Wrap it
- Now, dip fish fillets in the batter
- wrap in the breadcrumbs
- Deep fry both sides until they turn into golden brown colour
- Let them rest on a kitchen paper
- Serve with a wedge of a lemon on the side
- Best served with steamed veggies to make a hearty and healthy meal
Now prepare the veggies:
Take any choice of veggies, wash and cut them into any shape you prefer. Just peel the garlic cloves. (Broccoli, Cauliflower, Green beans, Carrots, Peas, Okra, Cabbage or any other of your favourite vegetable will go just right with this platter)
- Place all the veggies and garlic cloves in the steamer and steam until the veggies are soft but their colour should be intact. If you steam a longer time, their natural colours turn dull.
Toss on butter
- Heat a wide wok and drop a teaspoon of butter and let it melt.
- Toss the veggies in butter, season them with salt and pepper.
- Your vegetables are ready!!