Serve this quick-and-easy, delicious devilled prawns as a side dish with any main meal and you will be surprised how well it enhances the overall taste.
King prawns are best for this dish. Rub a little lemon juice after giving them a good clean up to take that fishy smell away.
Be liberal with diced carrots, quartered green beans, spring onions or leeks to make the dish more healthier . However, the original recipe with chili and bell peppers add a distinct fiery taste that will stimulate anyone’s taste buds instantly.
You will need the following ingredients to make it
|King Prawns – washed, devined, shell removed||250 g|
|Red, Green,Yellow bell peppers||1 each cubed|
|Brown sugar||1/4 tbsp|
|Soy sauce||1 tbsp or a bit more|
|Fish sauce||1/2 tbsp (optional)|
|Ginger garlic paste or both grated||1 tbsp|
|Onion||1 big cubed|
|Turmeric, Chili powder||1/2 tsp each|
|Red food colour powder (Biryani colour) – Optional||two pinches|
|Juice of 1/4 of a lemon|
- Rub salt, ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder, red chili powder, red food colour and lemon juice on prawns
- Keep aside for 20 – 30 mins
Stir fry it
- Heat up oil and stir fry prawns under medium flame until cooked
- Push the cooked prawns to a side of the pan and drop cubed bell peppers, garlic cloves and cubed onion
- Stir fry all together for a few minutes. Do not let the peppers and the onion lose their crunchiness
- Add any other vegetable now
- Stir fry until the veggies are softer
- Add soy sauce, sugar and fish sauce
- Toss a few more pinches of chili flakes or Chinese chili paste at this point if you’d prefer a spicier taste
- Stir fry vigorously under high flame tossing the veggies and prawns together
- Switch off flame and let the pan sit for a few mins allowing all the flavours to blend.
- The prawns are now ready to serve with a bowl of steaming noodles
- Yummy !