Make these delicious vegetable rotis for your loved ones today! They will love the flavourful vegetable filling with a bite of chunks of potatoes in-between and the golden wrap of the roti.
White cabbage in the vegetable filling contributes a lot to make it delicious and flavourful, so find a small, tender white cabbage and shred it as thin as possible for this recipe.
So, let’s make it,
1st Step : Make the dough for rotis
You will need :
|All purpose flour||3 cups|
|Olive oil (Any cooking oil would do)||1 tbsp|
|Baking powder||1/2 tsp|
Knead it :
- Rub flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and oil together
- Add lukewarm water little by little and knead for about 5 – 8 mins until the dough doesnt stick on to your fingers
- Divide into equal sized balls giving an extra kneed to each ball
- Rub oil on each ball. Place on a tray a little apart from each other
- Cover with a wet tea towel or a cling film and let them rest at least an hour
2nd Step : In the meantime, make the vegetable filling.
You will need :
|Ground black pepper and chili powder||1/2 tsp each|
|Garlic chopped||3 cloves|
|Green chili slit||1|
|Onion chopped||1 large|
|Boiled potatoes||1/2 cup|
|Carrots – cut into thin strips||1 cup|
|Spring onions chopped or leek cut thinly||1/4 cup|
|White Cabbage – shreded thinly||1 cup|
|Turmeric powder/Mild curry powder||1/2 tsp each|
Stir fry it :
- In a large wok, add 2 tbsp of oil and heat up
- Add garlic and brown the chopped onion
- Add carrots stripes, shreded cabbage and start stir frying until they wilt slightly.
- Add the slit green chili and leek and continue stir frying for a min or two. Do not over cook the veggies
- Toss salt, turmeric powder and curry powder
- Now add mashed boiled potatoes, leaving a few small chunks
- Add a generous amount of ground black pepper. Check the taste.
- Give a good mix, cover and keep aside
3rd Step : Fill and bake the rotis
- Heat up a non-stick flat pan and spray oil all over
- Rub oil on your kitchen top and hands
- Take a dough ball, flatten it by pressing down lightly and then drag from sides being careful not to tear it.
- Place a heap of the veggie mix in the middle
- Fold from sides, covering the veggie mix to shape it up as a rectangle
- Place gently on the pan
- Repeat the same steps with other dough balls
- Arrange them around the pan and baking them, filliping over every now and again until the outer cover turns golden
- Bake all the sides by tilting them up
- Leave to cool
- Serve warm with sliced raw onions or ketchup