These beautifully presented cupcakes with cream cheese frosting on top is a real winner, when it comes to party cakes. The well in the middle filled with juicy strawberry sauce and topped with sweet cream cheese, blends heavenly to produce the yummiest ever treat for kids and adults alike!
By adding corn flour into the cake batter, the cupcakes can be made extra spongy and filling the little well in the middle with strawberry sauce, which in turn gives such a delicious taste.
It’s super easy to make, once you gather all the necessary ingredients and equipment together.
So, let’s make them:
You will need the following items:
|Self Raising flour||225 g|
|Corn flour||25 g|
|Caster sugar||250 g|
|Margarine/butter under room temp. (Stork brand spread is best in UK)||250 g|
|Baking powder||1 tsp|
|Lemon juice and Vanilla essence||1 tsp each|
Let’s make them: Set the oven to 160 C . Gas mark 3.
Oven temperature conversion : http://happyrecipes.co.uk/oven-temperature-conversion/
- Cream butter and sugar together using an electric hand mixer.
- Add eggs, one at a time. Make sure you beat two rounds after each addition.
- Add vanilla essence, lemon juice, and beat for two rounds.
- Mix baking powder, salt and corn flour to Self raising flour and sieve onto the cake batter, holding the sieve well above it, allowing the air to escape.
- Do not use the electric mixer at this point. Fold the flour gently with a wooden spoon until everything turns into a creamy batter.
- Add milk and fold well.
- Fill the paper cupcake cases 3/4th with the batter, leaving space for cakes to rise.
- Place the filled up cases in the cupcake tray.
- Lift the tray and drop gently on the pantry top twice, to level the cake batter’
- Pop the tray in to the oven.
- Bake for 13-20 min. (Never open the oven door in the inital 10 mins)
- Insert a skewer into the middle of the cake and if it comes clean, your cake is ready.
- Take the tray out of the oven and let it rest for 10 mins.
- Slowly remove the cupcakes from the tray and place them on a cooling rack.
- Let the cakes cool off completely.
Mascaphone cheese and Confectionary sugar (Icing sugar) frosting
You will need :
- Mascarpone cheese – 100 g
- Icing sugar – 30g or 35 g if you desire a sweeter taste
- Lemon juice – 3 drops
With a spatula mix all together vigorously until creamy.
Let’s decorate the cupcakes now :
- Cut out a small circle from each cupcake so a little well is formed in the center
- Fill the well with strawberry topping
- Cover with mascarpone icing with a flat knife or make a swirl with a nozzel.
- Arrange quarters of strawbery and the cut out rounds of the cupcakes in the middle in a pretty angel.
- Your pretty cupcakes are ready.
- Stick them in the fridge because the topping is diary based.
- Take out from the fridge 15 mins before serving.