These beautifully presented cupcakes with cream cheese frosting on top is a real winner when it comes to party cakes. The well in the middle filled with juicy strawberry sauce and topped with sweet cream cheese blend heavenly to produce the yummiest ever treat for kids and adults alike!
By adding cornflour into the cake batter, the cupcakes can be made extra spongy and filling the little well in the middle with strawberry sauce, which in turn gives a uniquely sweet taste.
It’s super easy to make, once you gather all the necessary ingredients and equipment together.
So, let’s make them:
You will need the following items:
|Self Raising flour||225 g|
|Corn flour||25 g|
|Caster sugar||250 g|
|Margarine/butter under room temp. (Stork brand spread is best in UK)||250 g|
|Baking powder||1 tsp|
|Lemon juice and Vanilla essence||1 tsp each|
Let’s make them: Set the oven to 160 C . Gas mark 3
Cream the batter
- Cream butter and sugar together using an electric hand mixer
- Add eggs, one at a time. Make sure you beat two rounds after each addition
- Add vanilla essence, lemon juice, and beat for two rounds
- Mix baking powder, salt and cornflour to Self-raising flour and sieve onto the cake batter, holding the sieve well above it, allowing the air to escape
- Do not use the electric mixer at this point. Fold the flour gently with a wooden spoon until everything turns into a creamy batter
- Add milk and fold well
Fill the cupcake cases
- Fill the paper cupcake cases 3/4th with the batter, leaving space for cakes to rise
- Place the filled up cases in the cupcake tray
- Lift the tray and drop gently on the pantry top twice, to level the cake batter’
- Pop the tray into the oven
- Bake for 13-20 min. (Never open the oven door in the initial 10 mins)
- Insert a skewer into the middle of the cake and if it comes clean, your cake is ready
- Take the tray out of the oven and let it rest for 10 mins.
- Slowly remove the cupcakes from the tray and place them on a cooling rack
- Let the cakes cool off completely
Mascarpone cheese and Icing sugar frosting
You will need :
|Lemon juice||3 drops|
🧁 With a spatula mix all together vigorously until creamy. Double the quantities proportionately if you need more icing.
Let’s decorate the cupcakes now :
- Cut out a small circle from each cupcake so a little well is formed in the centre
- Fill the well with strawberry topping or strawberry jam
- Cover with mascarpone icing with a flat knife or make a swirl with a nozzle
- Arrange quarters of strawberry and the cutout rounds of the cupcakes in the middle in a pretty angel
- Your pretty cupcakes are ready
- Stick them in the fridge because the topping is diary-based
- Take out from the fridge 15 mins before serving