These spongy, sweet pancakes is a delightful start for the day. My son wakes up on Saturday mornings and races into the kitchen to make these on his own; I am sure you can understands his enthusiasm and his irresistible temptation. He gobbles them up happily with Golden syrup, runny honey, strawberry sauce or simply dipping them into Nutella chocolate spread.
Encourage your kids to make these on their own under your supervision. They will be delighted to watch how the white batter forms into a lovely , golden pancake under sizzling butter.
For a change, mix a few drops of red or green liquid cake colour to the batter to make a batch of velvety red pancakes and see the delightful wonderment among your kiddies!!
What you need to make these: ( Easy to use measurements in cups are given for making these on daily basis)
|Plain flour||150 g (1cup)|
|Milk||150 g (4/3 cup)|
|Caster sugar||30 g ( 2 tbsp)|
|Baking powder||1 tsp|
|Butter for frying|
- Into a mixing bowl, sieve the flour, salt and baking powder
- In a different jug, add the egg and milk and whisk them together and add sugar. Rapidly whisk until the sugar dissolves
- Pour the milk, sugar and egg mixture into the flour and beat gently with a wooden spoon until a smooth batter is formed without any lumps
- Place a flat non-stick pan on medium flame and melt butter until bubbly
- Now ladle two or three spoonfuls of batter into the frying pan in three different places, a bit far from each other
- Fry the pancakes for 2 mins and flip to the other side
- Once both sides are golden, take out from the pan and repeat with the rest of the batter
- Serve with maple syrup, runny honey, bananas or chocolate spread on side.