This crispy, golden, pan-fried salmon fillet, mixed with aromatic Indian spices, makes a very satisfying dinner choice, served with a few slices of garlic bread, and an assortment of steamed veggies.
The combination of spices give a real fusion to the fish; moreover, tossing the fillets on semolina has taken a very rebellious turn comparing to the usual – mild, just-salt-and-pepper version of the Western-style marination.
While pan frying the fillets in olive oil, you will notice the juices running out merrily, tempting you to burn your fingers, trying to grab a little piece from a side and pop it in to your mouth!
Remember to scrape the juices and toss on the fillets and they will taste heavenly!
So, let’s make it;
|Salmon fillets with skin removed||2 medium size|
|Kashmiri red chili powder||1 tsp|
|Cumin powder||1 tsp|
|Coriander powder||1 tsp|
|Pepper powder||1/4 tsp|
|Lemon juice||half a lemon|
|Olive oil||1 tbsp|
|Olive oil for shallow frying||2 tbsp|
Let’s make it :
- Combine chilli powder, cumin and coriander powder, turmeric powder pepper powder, olive oil, salt and lemon in a wide bowl
- Massage the fish fillets thoroughly with the marination
- Cover and leave for 20 min in the fridge
- Take out, sprinkle semolina all over the fillets covering both sides
- Heat a pan with 2 tbsp of olive oil
- Shallow fry until golden
- Serve immediately with garlic bread, steamed veggies or with noodles