These crispy, golden, pan-fried salmon fillets, wrapped with aromatic spices, could be the most satisfying and healthy dinner choice for anyone who fancies a light meal. A couple of slices of garlic bread, and an assortment of steamed veggies rolled on a blob of butter could add extra flavours as well as nutrition value to this meal.
It’s amazing that this combination of spices adds a real fusion to the fish and also by wrapping the fish fillets on crushed cornflakes has taken a very rebellious turn comparing to the usual – mild, just-salt-and-pepper with a dash of the lemon version of frying the same fish.
While the fish are sizzling on the pan, the juices will run out and the aroma will fill the kitchen, tempting you to grab a little piece from a side and pop it straight into your mouth! Seriously, do not burn your fingers! It will be ready in minutes!
Oh, remember to scrape the juices and toss on the fillets before taking them out of the pan. They will taste heavenly!
So, let’s make it;
|Salmon fillets with skin on||2|
|Chili powder or Paprika powder||1 tsp|
|Roasted cumin powder (pan roast some whole cumin|
and grind them to a powder)
|Turmeric powder||1/4 tsp|
|Lemon juice||half a lemon|
|Olive oil||1 tbsp|
|Crushed cornflakes||3 tbsp|
|Olive oil for shallow frying||2 tbsp|
Let’s make it :
- Combine chili powder, cumin, and turmeric powder olive oil, salt, and lemon in a wide bowl
- Massage the fish fillets thoroughly with spices
- Cover and leave for 15-20 mins
- Pat crushed cornflakes on both sides
- Heat a pan with 2 tbsp of olive oil
- Shallow fry both sides until golden
- Serve immediately with garlic bread, a heap of steamed veggies, or a bowl of soup
- The flaky pan-fried salmon with the crunchiness of cornflakes is definitely a “feel good” dinner choice!