This is a delicious chicken curry for any occasion. I added plain yoghurt as well as coconut milk to enhance the creaminess of this dish. Kids will certainly love the mild creaminess and the soft texture of flavourful chicken pieces. Try this out for dinner tonight!
You will need the following ingredients to make this dish:
|Chicken thighs or legs cut into medium size pieces||300 g|
|Tomato puree||3 tbsp|
|Ginger garlic paste||2 tbsp|
|Green chilli||2 slit|
|Garam masala||1/4 tsp|
|Turmeric ,Cumin powder, Chilli powder and salt||1/4 tsp each|
|Plain yoghurt||2 tbsp|
|Maggie coconut milk powder||2 tbsp|
|Lemon juice of 1/2 a lemon|
How to make :
Shallow fry it
- Grate onions.
- Heat 2 – 3 tbsp of oil in a wide pan and fry the grated onions until golden brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste. (grate both for more flavour and aroma)
- Add slit green chilies and salt.
- Add chicken pieces and stir fry gathering everything together.
Toss and turn
- Now, squeeze half the lemon on chicken and stir fry until they are tender.
- Toss chilli powder, turmeric, coriander powder and cumin powder.
- Whiz tomato puree and yogurt with a fork until all combined properly.
- Add the mixture to the chicken and fry together.
- Add Maggie coconut milk powder into 1/4 cup of water and mix well and add to the pot.
Cover and cook
- Cover and cook for 5 mins and check if the chicken pieces are tender enough. If not, cook a bit more longer.
- Toss chopped coriander leaves on top and serve hot.
Tips : Instead of tomato puree, add one tomato, chopped and whizzed in the blender.