An assortment of vegetables in vibrant colours , stir fried mushrooms and a couple of fried fish fillets to go with them, has the culinary potential to be a favourite choice for a complete and healthy dinner.
Rather than boiling veggies, they are steamed here to keep their natural goodness intact. Also, mushrooms are stir-fried lightly in soy sauce so that they enhance the taste of this platter.
I have introduced garlic into this, because of its invaluable health benefits as a cholesterol buster and a purifier of the whole system of internal organs.
Health benefits of garlic
Now prepare the veggies:
- Take any choice of veggies, wash and cut them into any shape you prefer. Just peel the garlic cloves. (Broccoli, Cauliflower, Green beans, Carrots, Peas, Okra, Cabbage or any other of your favourite vegetable will go just right with this platter)
- Place all the veggies and garlic cloves in the steamer and steam until the veggies are soft but their colour should be intact. If you steam a longer time, their natural colours turn dull
- Heat a wide wok and drop a teaspoon of butter and let it melt
- Toss the veggies in butter, season them with salt and pepper
- Your vegetables are ready!!
Prepare the mushrooms :
- Slice up the mushrooms into chunks
- Heat up a little bit of olive oil in a wok
- Toss the mushrooms until they are soft
- Sprinkle some soy sauce and stir fry a little. (do not overcook)
- Sprinkle two pinches of sugar and toss a little longer
- Mushrooms are done!
- Now arrange all veggies and mushrooms in a wide plate attractively.
- Bon appetite !!