Who would’nt love pizza!! Unquestionably, it’s everyone’s favourite!
Let’s make a real Italian style pizza with a merry assortment of vegetables, chicken, salami or tuna to satisfy everyone’s tastebuds.
Your taste buds will know that even the best pizza that you buy from outside can not compete with this home-made pizza. A healthy assortment of veggies, olives, home-made chicken and best quality cheese makes it gloriously good to tuck in pizza, not like the ones branded as “junk” from outside stalls.
The secret Italian sauce that gives this pizza it’s unique Italian taste is now no longer a secret as I have given the genuine recipe here! All the required ingredients in this recipe are widely available in supermarkets, so once you gather all of them, it’s just so easy to put everything together.
My bread machine makes the dough so there is no hassle in sweating over kneading the flour. If you do not have a bread machine, you can simply buy frozen pizza base from supermarkets or making it from scratch can give you the best of flavours and full credit to the glory of the outcome!
What you need For two large size pizzas;
What you need for the dough:
|Plain flour||500 g|
|Water||1/2 cup warm|
Let’s make the dough :
- Pour 1/2 cup of warm water gradually onto dry yeast and mix thoroughly. Keep aside.
- Break the egg into the 1/2 cup of milk and whisk.
- Add sugar, butter and salt to the milk and egg and combine all together.
- Now pour over the flour. Kneed until all come together as a ball and no longer sticking onto your fingers. If you need a bit more water to get the right texture of the flour , add a little more warm water.
- Cover with a cling film and keep at a warm place for 2 – 3 hrs until it’s ready to roll out for pizza.
In the meantime, make the Italian sauce as follows:
What you need ;
|Pasata||1 packet (300 g)|
|Onion granulates||1 tsp|
|Majoram (dried)||1 tsp|
|Black pepper||1/2 tsp|
|Grated Padano cheese (optional)||4 tbsp (grated)|
|Lots of Mozzarella cheese and Parmessan cheese to toss on the top|
- Mix them all together properly , cover and store in the fridge for 1/2 hr.
Prepare the toppings
Chicken tandoori topping :
Mix chicken breast bite size pieces with olive oil, a little chili powder, cumin powder, lemon juice, salt and keep aside a few minutes and bake under 200C in the oven.
Tuna topping :
Opt for tuna cans in spring water or just cooked tuna or any fish with pepper powder is alright
Pepperoni topping :
You can simply spread a handful of pepperoni for an easier choice
- Slice mushrooms, red onions, red, green and orange bell peppers.
- Halve green and black olives or you can take whole olives
- Cherry tomatoes halved for a more colourful pizza
- Cheese and more cheese please – Mozerella and Parmesan are the best choices
Now dress your pizza up: Have fun doing this with kids.
- Take the Pizza sauce out of the fridge, give a good stir and pour evenly on two pizza bases
- Toss veggies. You can add a thinly sliced green chili for a fiery taste!!
- Sprinkle tuna or tandoori chicken pieces
- Spread all bell peppers
- Drop cherry tomatoes
- Toss olives green and black both and sliced onions
- On top sprinkle lots and lots of grated Mozzarella and Parmesan cheese
- Finally sprinkle Padano grated cheese for an enhanced flavour
Bake in pre-heated oven under 200C in the middle of the oven for 15 min or until the top of the pizza gets golden brown. A mouth-watering aroma will give you the signal that it is ready!!
Time to tuck in
- Once, taken out of the oven, let the pizza rest for a while before running the roller through
- Enjoy !!