kids will love these crunchy, chocolate cookies. So easy to make, you can get the kids to help, for, they will be delighted to eat these yummy, crunchy cookies made by their own little hands.
You need the following ingredients :
|Nutella chocolate spread||125 g|
|Plain flour||200 g|
|Caster sugar||90 g|
|Soft brown sugar||90 g|
|Milk chocolate drops-break into small pieces||120 g|
|Baking powder||1/2 tsp|
|Cocoa powder||10 g|
|Vanilla and salt||3 drops each|
Now let’s get started;
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 C / 350 F/ Gas mark 4).
- Mix both types of sugar , add to butter and whisk together with an electric hand mixer until creamy. (Do not beat too much as the cookies could not become crunchy)
- Add the egg and continue beating.
- Add Nutella spread, vanilla and mix all together.
- Mix baking powder, plain flour, cocoa powder and salt together and sieve in to the mixture.
- Stir in the chocolate pieces.
- Now gently fold everything together using a wooden spoon.
- Spread a baking parchment paper on a baking tray and place tablespoonfuls of chocolate mixture on to the tray leaving enough space for them to spread as they bake.
- Place the tray in the middle/bottom of the oven and bake exactly 14 mins.
- Take the cookies out and let them rest on the tray itself for 10 mins. Do not worry if you notice they are still soggy, but right in front of your eyes, they will crispy . Once they are set, gently take one by one out of the tray using a flat spatula and transfer onto a cooling rack.
- Have a yummy, crunchy time. Crunch ..crunch….
- Store in an air-tight jar if there are any left. They will stay crispy up to 3 days.