These golden chicken nuggets are extra crusty and crunchy, your kids will love them to bits!
I used a novelty idea of coating the chicken pieces with crushed cornflakes to give them an extra crunch and will stay crispy for a longer time too.
If you stick a pieces in between a burger bun with a piece of lattuce and a dollop of Ketchup, you will have an instant chicken burger bun!
Next time, when you are going for your weekly shopping, remember to add garlic powder and onion powder to your shopping list because those two ingredients contribute to the taste in a great deal. Do not worry, if you don’t have them, you can always trust salt and pepper to adjust the taste.
Easy peasy recipe, even kids can try this out!
So let’s make it;
|Chicken Breast||300 g|
|Plain flour||1 1/2 cups|
|Salt to taste|
|Garlic powder||1 tsp|
|Red chili powder or paprika||1 tsp|
|Onion powder (optional)||1/2 tsp|
|Pepper powder to taste|
- Cut the chicken breast into bite size pieces
- Sprinkle salt and pepper and keep aside
- Place corn flakes in a plastic bag and crush into crumbs using a rolling pin
- Beat the egg in a bowl, mix a pinch of salt and pepper
- Mix plain flour, garlic powder, a few pinches of salt, onion powder, red chilli powder and pepper powder and place in a flat plate
- Now take a piece of chicken, dust in plain flour, dip in the beaten egg and finally roll in the cornflakes crumbs
- Deep fry until golden
- Serve with Ketchup
- You can make a round shape and place it between a burger bun with lattuce and squeeze a dollop of ketchup and make a delicious crusty chicken burger for your kid’s lunch box or as a snack