These golden chicken nuggets are a hit among kids and adults alike! The extra crunchiness in them is the secret of the unique taste of these.
I used a novelty idea of coating the chicken pieces with crushed cornflakes to give them a beautiful golden crust that will stay crispy for a long time.
If you stick a piece of these between a burger bun with lettuce and a dollop of Ketchup, you will have an instant chicken burger!
Next time, when you are jotting down your weekly shopping list, remember to add garlic powder and onion powder into it because those two ingredients contribute to the taste in a great deal. Do not worry, if you don’t have them, you can always trust salt and pepper to adjust the taste.
Easy peasy recipe, even kids can try this out!
So let’s make it;
|Chicken Breast||300 g|
|Plain flour||1 1/2 cups|
|Salt to taste|
|Garlic powder||1 tsp|
|Red chili powder or paprika||1 tsp|
|Onion powder (optional)||1/2 tsp|
|Pepper powder to taste|
- Cut the chicken breast into bite-size pieces
- Sprinkle salt and pepper and keep aside
- Place corn flakes in a plastic bag and crush into crumbs using a rolling pin
- Beat the egg in a bowl, mix a pinch of salt and pepper
- Mix plain flour, garlic powder, a few pinches of salt, onion powder, red chili powder and pepper powder and place in a flat plate
- Now take a piece of chicken, dust in plain flour, dip in the beaten egg and finally roll in the cornflakes crumbs
- Deep fry until golden
- Serve with Ketchup
- You can make a round shape and place it between a burger bun with lettuce and squeeze a dollop of ketchup and make a delicious crusty chicken burger for your kid’s lunch box or as a snack