Tossing a few ingredients together, you can serve this beautiful, crunchy and healthy Greek summer salad within minutes. Remember to mix the veggies with the salad dressing just before the mealtime. Until then, store the salad bowl in the fridge so that the veggies will stay cool and fresh.
This salad dressing is the basic but the most delicious and healthy one out of all kinds of varieties. This indeed is the only one that keeps the veggies in their original fresh looks and gives a very satisfying taste too. If you need a variation, add plain yoghurts into the original dressing and whisk thoroughly and mix with the veggies until all combines finely.
I never buy various salad dressings available on supermarket shelves because they can never live up to the homemade dressings that are made with simple and healthy ingredients. So, I believe you will get inspired by this recipe and make delicious salad dressings with your own signature on them!
|Iceberg Lettuce||2 cups|
|Tomatoes (Preferably juicy cherry tomatoes)||1/2 cup|
|Olives Pitted (black and green)||handful|
|For the dressing :|
|Apple cyder vinegar||3 tbsp|
|Olive oil||2 tbsp|
|Salt n black pepper powder|
|Honey and Brown sugar||1 tbsp each|
|Dried oregano||2 tsp|
Lets make :
- Cut Lettuce thinly or just shred, halve cherry tomatoes, slice the cucumber into thin slices, slice red onions thinly and toss all into a wide brim wooden salad bowl
- Drop a handful of black or green olives on top
- Place in the middle of the fridge until you make the salad dressing
Make the salad dressing:
- Add all the dressing ingredients: Salt and pepper powder, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar and honey and mix thoroughly. Now, pour olive oil slowly while mixing rapidly to combine everything beautifully
- Adjust the taste at this point according to your liking
- Cover and keep aside until needed
Toss and Mix
- Take out the salad bowl from the fridge
- Pour the salad dressing in
- Now give a nice toss and a mix as gently as possible. Use your fingers to toss and drop the veggies or use a salad tong
- Finally sprinkly Oregano and toss crushed or daintily cut Feta cheese on top
- Your beautiful Greek salad is ready to devour
- Serve immediately!