This is indeed a seasonal delight!
At the start of the Spring season when the cherry tomatoes are in abundance, is the best time to make this pickle! The speciality of this pickle is that it has no vinegar or a great volume of unhealthy oils. It’s just natural and simple as it can be!
I am sure that you will love looking at your home-made tomato pickle jar as it sits prettily on your window sill, bathing in the warm glow of Spring sunshine! Once, the pickle is made, you must place the jar under sunlight for a couple of days. This will allow the tomatoes to wilt naturally and ferment with the juices and mustard oil.
You need only a few ingredients as follows;
|Ripped juicy cherry tomatoes||8|
|Peeled garlic cloves||5|
|Green chilies slit in the middle||4|
|Chili powder||1/2 tsp|
|Mustard powder||1/2 tsp|
Let’s make it:
- First, prepare the glass jar by washing it thoroughly and wipe until dry. Hold a little above from the stove flame to dry completely
- Prick the tomatoes all around with the help of a toothpick and drop them into a wide bowl
- Drop garlic cloves and green chillies, slit in the middle
- Add rest of the spices and mustard oil
- Combine everything with a spoon, gently tossing
- Adjust the taste. Add more chilli powder or salt if needed
- Fill the glass jar and give a gentle shake. Close tight
- Let it on your kitchen window sill sit for 2 to 3 days
- Place in the fridge once opened
- Enjoy with warm rice
Please click the older post link for more posts in this category