This is an ideal, insanely-simple snack for kids; they simply love the outer crispiness and the soft sponginess in the middle of this eggy bread. For them, this is a filling as well as a healthy snack choice or a proper dinner meal. Even for us, adults, this is a very satisfying light meal, perhaps, along with some stir fried mushrooms, steamed veggies – or just on its own.
Let’s make it:
- Whisk 3 eggs in a bowl with salt and pepper powder.
- butter one side of a slice of bread.
- Heat up a non-stick pan and place the buttered side down and leave for a few seconds.
- Add the egg mixture on top, letting it to run on the bread slice and around the pan.
- Immediately close the lid and cook under medium flame for a minute.
- Open the lid and check if the bottom side has turned golden brown. If not, close the lid and let it cook for another min.
- Flip over.
- Cover the lid and cook the other side.
- The egg will swell and becomes puffy once properly cooked.
- Open the lid and fold it in half.
- Serve immediately with Ketchup or Barbecue sauce.
- Repeat the same steps on other bread slices too.