1st Step : Make the dough for rotis
You will need :
|All purpose flour||2 cups|
|Olive oil (Any cooking oil would do)||1 tbsp|
|Baking powder||1/2 tsp|
Knead it :
- Rub flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and oil together
- Add lukewarm water little by little and knead for about 5 – 8 mins until the dough doesnt stick on to your fingers
- Divide into equal sized balls giving an extra kneed to each ball
- Rub oil on each ball. Place on a tray a little apart from each other
- Cover with a wet tea towel or a cling film and let them rest at least 2hrs
Make the egg mixture:
You will need : Eggs, chili powder, onion and salt
- Beat 3 eggs in a bowl, season with salt and keep aside.
- Take a dough ball out and flatten it by carefully stretching from the sides
- Heat a flat pan, spray oil and place the stretched out roti on it
- Pour some of the egg mixture on the roti
- Throw a handful of chopped onions, chili powder and salt. You can add a chopped green chili for a spicier taste
- Cover and cook for a minute
- Fold the egg roti in half
- Cover and cook further until both sides are well cooked
- You can cut the egg rotis into equal size triangles and serve with ketchup for kids.
- Serve them for adults with a steaming cup of plain tea with ginger pieces floating on top.