You will love this heartwarming banana cake that is deliciously moist and rich in banana scent.
Overripe bananas in your fruit bowl are ideal for this recipe as they are the most moist and juiciest in taste. You can use both chocolate chips or raisins or omit either of them in this recipe. However, If you desire a plain banana taste, omit both and just add the rest of the ingredients. I personally prefer both in balanced propotions as they enhance the taste in a great deal.
Any left-overs could be stored in the fridge in an air tight cake box up to 3 days.
So, let’s make this super easy, delicious banana cake today!
What you will need:
|Self Raising flour||250 g|
|Light soft brown sugar||250 g|
|Margarine/butter under room temp. (Stork brand spread is best in UK)||140 g|
|Milk Chocolate chips or broken pieces and raisins||2 tbsp each or a bit more|
|Banana essence (optional)||four drops|
|Lemon juice||1 tsp each|
Let’s make them:
Preheat the oven to 160 C . Gas mark 3. Oven temperature conversion :
- Cream butter and sugar together using an electric hand mixer.
- Add eggs, one at a time. Make sure you beat two rounds after each addition.
- Add banana essence, lemon juice, and cream for two rounds.
- Using a fork scrape the bananas into a bowl and mash them
- Mix salt and self raising flour and sieve onto the cake batter, holding the sieve well above it, allowing the air to escape
- Do not use the electric mixer at this point. Fold the flour gently with a wooden spoon until everything turns into a creamy batter
- Now add the mashed bananas, chocolate chips and raisins
- Give a thorough mix and combine all together
- Line up a 9in tray and pour the cake batter into it
- Gently lift the tray and drop on to the pantry top to make the surface even
- Stick the tray in the oven and bake for 25 min or until the top turns golden brown.
- Check by stabbing a skewer. If the skewer comes out clean, your cake is ready.
- Take out from the oven and leave in the tray for 10 mins to cool off.
- Gently take the cake out and let it rest on a cooling rack
- Enjoy a delicious piece from your cake with a steaming cup of tea