This is a recipe of creamy chicken with a silky texture to give a glorious touch to any occasion – especially to make your guests feel extra special!
This is an Indian-style dish, which is mild in spices but topped with flavours and aroma. To make this, the cooking technique matters more than anything else and if you get it right, then you are in for a real treat.
It goes with rice, any form of bread or noodles; kids will love the silkiness of this dish that will linger in their palates for hours – with an insatiable urge to ask for more.
Get the ingredients ready :
|Chicken cut into medium size pieces||300 g|
|Ginger and garlic freshly grated||1 tbsp|
|Tomatoes – ripped and juicy||1|
|Chili powder, Coriander powder, Cumin powder, Garam masala||1 tsp each|
|Salt||1/4 tsp or to taste|
|Turmeric and Orange biryani colour(powder)||2 pinches each|
|Green chili – Slit||2|
|Single cream||1/2 cup|
|Whole spices: Black cardamom, cloves, Cinnamon, Pepper corns, Star anise||3 each|
|Kasthuri Methi (dry) – available in Indian grocessary shops||1 tbsp|
Let’s make it:
- Heat up 2tbsp of olive oil in a wide pan/wok.
- Add all whole spices; black cardamom, cloves cinnamon, pepper corns, star anise. Fry.
- Add chopped onions and nicely brown them.
- Add grated ginger and garlic and green chili . Fry.
- Add Chili powder, Coriander powder, Cumin powder, turmeric and salt. Fry.
- Add the chicken pieces and give a good stir under high flame bringing all together.
- Close the lid. Cook for 5 mins.
- Open the lid and add chopped tomatoes. Stir fry for 2 mins.
- Pour a glass of warm water.
- Cover and cook until the chicken is fully cooked for 5-8 mins.
- Mix single cream with the Orange Biriyani colour and pour over the chicken.
- Rub Kasthuri Methi in your palms and drop on to the pot
- Cook under slow flame until bubbles start bobbing up on the cream.
- Give a stir, close the flame immediately and sprinkle garam masala on top and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Your gorgeous, silky chicken is ready to serve!!!