Let’s indulge in this beautiful, yummy, chocolaty jelly dessert!
I was very careful in bringing the calorie level down while experimenting with this recipe so that everybody could enjoy these beautiful dainty chocolate jelly fudge cubes without feeling guilty after eating. Hence, I added 1 cup of water, something that you can replace with milk – if you desire a more milky taste.
Remember to add double the amount of water to gelatine so that the cubes will come out firm and nice. Also, washing the dish with cold tap water, before pouring the mixture in it, is vital as it helps in cutting neat pieces without any broken edges. The other important tip is that you must place the dish in the fridge overnight, which in turn will bring out the real fudge-like texture.
You will need the following ingredients :
|Milk chocolates ( I used Cadbury milk choc)||100 g|
|Fresh milk||1 1/2 Cups|
|Gelatine||3 tbsp + 6tbsp water|
|Cocoa powder||1 tbsp|
|White sugar||5 tbsp|
Let’s make it;
- Mix gelatine and water and keep aside until gelatine is soft
- Meanwhile, pour milk and water into a wide pan
- Into the same pan, add cocoa powder, white sugar and chocolates
- Reduce the flame and add the soften gelatine
- Reduce flame, add vanilla, cover and simmer for 3 mins. This will help in dissolving chocolates quickly
- Wash a pyrex dish in cold water to make it easier to cut dainty jelly pieces
- Now pour the mixture to the dish
- Leave to cool
- Place in the fridge (Ideally overnight for the jelly to set firmly)
- Cut into neat squares
- Serve in pretty dessert cups