Happy Easter Everyone!
We know that any chocolaty treat during the Easter time is fondly embraced by kids and adults alike! Make this delicious chocolate jelly fudge bringing smiles and joy to everyone during this festive time. I picked the pretty apple flowers from the garden to keep by the side of my chocolate fudge to give it a real “Spring” look! So, gather up all the ingredients and let’s get busy!
I was very careful in bringing the calorie level down while experimenting with this recipe so that everybody could enjoy these beautiful dainty chocolate jelly fudge cubes without being anxious. Hence, I added 1 cup of water, something that you can replace with milk – if you desire a more milky taste.
Remember to add double the amount of water to gelatine so that the cubes will come out firm and nice. Also, washing the dish with cold tap water, before pouring the mixture in it, is vital as it helps cut neat pieces without jaggered edges. The other important tip is that you must place the dish in the fridge overnight, which in turn will bring out real fudge like texture.
You will need the following ingredients :
|Milk chocolates ( I used Cadbury milk choc)||100 g|
|Fresh milk||1 1/2 Cups|
|Gelatine||3 tbsp + 6tbsp water|
|Cocoa powder||1 tbsp|
|White sugar||5 tbsp|
Let’s make it;
- Mix gelatine and water and keep aside until gelatine is soft
- Meanwhile, pour milk and water into a wide pan
- Into the same pan, add cocoa powder, white sugar and chocolates
- Reduce the flame and add the soften gelatine
- Reduce flame, add vanilla, cover and simmer for 3 mins. This will help in dissolving chocolates quickly
- Wash a pyrex dish in cold water to make it easier to cut dainy jellly pieces
- Now pour the mixture to the dish
- Leave to cool
- Place in the fridge (Ideally overnight for the jelly to set firmly)
- Cut into neat squares
- Serve in pretty dessert cups