Teriyaki in Japanese means “shine” refering to it’s mouthwatering gloss. It’s indeed a joy to cook this dish as its done with a very few easy steps but with glossy and mouthwatering results!
You will love this chicken with bread, rice or wrapped in a tortilla with some cubed onions for extra crunch! I did not add garlic into this dish to make the whole cooking process easier and less pungent but if you prefer the taste of garlic, feel free to add a few sliced ones.
So, lets make it;
Gather the following ingredients:
|Chicken thighs or legs||300g|
|Salt and pepper|
|Soy sauce||3 tbsp|
|Spring Onions chopped|
|Onion||1 large cubed|
|Olive oil||1 tbsp|
- Marinate the chicken with salt and pepper and keep aside for at least 20 mins
- Heat up the oil in a non-stick pan and shallow fry the chicken until well cooked
- Scrape the juices and mix with chicken and push all to a side of the pan
- Mix 2 tbsp of soy sauce with a 1/2 tsp of sugar and pour on to the pan and let it boil
- Mix chicken and sauce altogether and stir fry
- Sprinkle lots of pepper powder and adjust salt
- Throw cubed onions and a slit green bullet chili along with some chopped spring greens
- Done !
- Serve piping hot