Try this mouth-watering spicy chicken drumsticks, suitable for any occasion, if you are tired of the monotony of making the same chicken dishes over and over again.
I must thank my Indian friend, Yamini, for her valuable tips for making this dish finger-licking good. Truly, the flavourful Indian spices and the tangy lemon juice work magically to enhance the taste. Also, I made this on the stove, instead of baking or grilling in the oven, to make the process a bit easier.
I have mainly focused on producing this dish sans anything artificial. Hence, there are no artificial flavouring or spice mixes used in this recipe. The combination of natural ingredients and shallow frying in olive oil, undoubtedly make this dish extra-healthy.
Let the kids pick these with their fingers and look away if they eventually lick the fingers!!!
You need the following ingredients for the marinade:
|Mild red chili powder||1/2 tbsp|
|Coriander powder and cumin powder||1 tsp each|
|Garam masala||1 tbsp|
|Ginger and garlic paste||1 tbsp|
|Lemon juice||3/4 lemon|
|Olive oil||2 tbsp|
|Red food colour – powder (optional)||2 pinches|
Let’s make :
- Using a sharp knife, make a couple of slashes on each drumstick.
- Mix all the above ingredients in a bowl using your fingers. Add a bit more depending on your taste.
- Leave aside for 20 mins.
Pan fry it
- Pour about 3 tbsp of olive oil into a wide pan and heat up.
- Drop the drumsticks and shallow fry, constantly turning.
- Once they are cooked properly, push them to a side and drop some onion rounds and fry them. These could be serve on the side.
- Take out the drumsticks and arrange them on a foil placed on a flat plate along with onion rounds and a wedge of a lemon.
- Take a few bread slices and toast both sides on the same pan. The bread slices will be nicely coated with the juices from the chicken and could be served on the side.
- Some steamed vegetables tossed on butter or a crunchy salad will go just right with the drumsticks.
- Bon appetite !!