This classic Chinese dish could be everyone’s favourite as it is the most sorted in the net. No doubt that we all love Chinese food simply because of their unique mouthwatering flavours and the easy to make techniques.
The generous amount of vegetables used in this recipe make it much healthier than a typical takeaway. If you prefer more veggies, go for carrots, broccoli or even cauliflower, which could add more flavours, nutrition value as well as quantity to this dish.
I recommend Amoy brand soy and chilli sauces for this Chinese dish for its authentic Oriental taste and aroma.
Serve this with basmati or jasmine rice or on a bed of noodles and try picking the pieces with a pair of chopsticks!
Ingredients you will need:
|Chicken breast (cut into bite-size pieces)||250 g|
|Bell peppers (yellow, green, red)||1/2 each|
|Black bean sauce||1 pkt / 3 tbsp|
|Spring onions||1 bunch|
|Salt and pepper|
|Corn flour||1 tbsp|
|Red Chili – long||1 seeded cut in to stripes|
Let’s make :
- Heat oil in a wok
- Saute onions, add garlic and chilli
- Add chicken and stir fry in high heat until chicken turns into light golden
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on chicken
- Squeeze the lemon on and keep frying
- Add peppers and spring onions
- Add Black bean sauce to the wok. Keep stir frying
- Add cornflour to 1 tbsp of warm water and mix into a paste and add to the chicken
- Combine everything properly and check the taste
- Take the wok out of the flame and let it rest for 5 mins to let all the juices blend nicely
- Serve hot!