What would cheer you up after a long and tiring day? A cup of tea of course! A ‘cuppa’, as the British refer to it with such fondness, is indeed a form of therapy.
Well, what I am presenting here is not the traditional British ‘cuppa’ but more related to the Indian style of brewing tea. This is a sweet, milky version of tea with a subtle blend of spices; cloves, cinnamon and cardamoms that could be the ultimate choice as a comforting beverage to revive your tired bones, rather a therapy to relax you mentally and physically.
While sipping this tea, you will enjoy the unmistakable aroma of spices and adding a slice or two of ginger into the pan will offer the warmth you desire most.
I use PG Tips tea bags to make this tea as they have been my favourite for the past 20 years. I was very pleased to hear the wonderful news that PG Tips have made their tea bags biodegradable to support the environment. Hats off to their very timely, environmental friendly move.😊
So, let’s try this wonderful cup of tea with a couple of tea biscuits and feel the real magic!
For two teas you will need :
|PG Tips teabags||2|
|Fresh milk||2 cups|
|A stick of cinnamon|
|Cardamom pods||2 crushed|
|A few slices of ginger|
|Brown sugar||4 tsp (2tsp for each cup)|
Let’s brew it :
- Pour the cup of water into a pan and boil
- Drop the tea bags, cardamom pods, cinnamon, cloves and ginger slices
- Boil for several minutes until the tea is brewed properly
- Add the two cups of milk
- Add sugar
- Boil until milk comes up to the brim of the pan
- Immediately, lower the flame and let it brew for about 3-5 mins
- Strain directly into cups and serve with tea biscuits