What would cheer you up after a long and busy day ? A cup of tea of course ! A ‘cuppa’, as the British refer to it with such fondness, is a form of therapy, indeed.
Nothing else can compete with this sweet, milky tea with a subtle blend of cinnamon and cardamoms, which could definitely be the ultimate choice as a comforting beverage in a cold winter evening to revive and relax your tired bones and muscles.
I remember, my beloved Indian friend, Sonal, always took the opportunity to brew this tea – with lots of love, of course – whenever I popped into her cosy home, soaking wet on a rainy day or on a gloomy, cold winter afternoon, shivering and tired.
While sipping this tea, you will enjoy the unmistakable aroma spice up your nostrils. By adding a slice or two ginger along with a little love into the pan, will offer you warmth and release the tension in muscles too.
Try this wonderful cuppa with two tea biscuits and feel the difference. It’ll be magical! Believe me.
For two teas you will need :
- Tea bags -2
- Semi / full fat milk – 2 cups
- Water – 1/2 cup
- A stick of a cinnamon
- Two cardamom pods – crushed
- A slice of ginger
- 3 – 4 tsp of brown sugar – 2 tsp for each cup
Let’s brew it :
- Pour 1/2 cup of water into a pan and boil.
- Drop two tea bags, cardamom pods, cinnamon and ginger slices.
- Boil for several minutes until the tea brewed properly.
- Add the two cups of milk.
- Add sugar.
- Increase the flame and boil until milk comes up to the brim of the pan.
- Immediately, lower the flame and let it brew for about 3 mins. If you prefer a stronger cup of tea, then brew it further 2 mins.
- Strain directly onto cups and serve with tea biscuits.