Making cupcakes cannot be easier than this! And, getting the utmost sponginess, the intensly chocolaty flavour and the eye popping beautiful glazed chocolate icing are all a great big bonus!
Try this out today and you are sure to get addicted to both the taste as well as the easy method of making it!
The best part of making these glorious cakes is that there is no need of taking your electric hand mixer out. Hence, no extra washing up and storing all back! Just by mixing all the ingredients, you get the right consistancy, tempting colour and the most satisfying bite of a luxury cake!
Let’s make them with a smile!
You will need:
|Self Raising Flour||250 g|
|Margerine or Baking spread (I used Stork baking spread)||250 g|
|Caster sugar||250 g|
|Cocoa Powder||3 tbsp|
|Baking powder||1 tsp|
|For the icing|
|Icing sugar||150 g|
|Cocoa Powder||2 tbsp|
|Vanilla essence||1 tsp|
Let’s make :
- Pre heat the Oven at 180 C
- In a heavy bottom pan, put milk, margerine, sugar, cocoa powder and salt and heat until all melt into a chocolaty sauce. Be careful not to boil. As soon as everything comes together as a sauce take out from the flame.
- Mix baking powder and flour together and sieve on to a bowl
- Using a fork, whisk the eggs until frothy
- Now slowly pour the chocolate sauce on to the eggs and mix well
- Add the liquidy chocolaty mixture on to the flour while rapidly mixing
- Mix with a wooden spoon or a spatula until no lumpy bits remaining
- The mixture will be very watery. Keep aside for 15 mins and it will become a thick sauce
- Pour on to silicon cupcake cases, paper cupcake cases or just rub butter and dust flour the muffin tray and carefully pour the batter leaving a little space from the top allowing the cake to rise
- Bake in the pre- heated oven for 15-20 mins (Important : never open the door of the oven in the initial 10 mins)
- Take out the cupcakes and place on a tray to cool off completely
Now make the chocolate icing
- Melt all the ingredients mentioned under ‘Icing’ in a heavy bottom pan until everything comes to a runny liquid. This is a very quick task. do not boil or over heat
- Leave to cool
- Pour over cupcakes
- Decorate with white chocolate and milk chocolate shavings
- Place all the cupcakes in a tray and stick in the fridge for the icing to settle
- After 1/2 hr your cupcakes are ready to devour!
- Store in an plastic box in the fridge