These little sweet and crunchy biscuits are called “Linguas de veado” in Portuguese. Quite interestingly, when translated into English it means ; Butter cookies in the shape of a large tongue. However, I made them round so that they are easier to pop into the mouth and crunch away in seconds!
Super easy to make and they all will vanish in a jiffy.
Try the recipe today and you will be making this again and again.
What you need:
|Icing sugar||120 g|
|Margerine or butter (melted)||120 g|
|Plain flour||120 g|
Set the Oven to 160 C
- Clean wipe a wide bowl perfectly dry to beat the egg whites
- Pour the egg whites and beat until frothy. This will take 2- 3 mins
- In a seperate bowl beat butter and icing sugar until creamy
- Now add the butter and sugar cream to the egg whites
- Add Plain flour
- Add salt and vanilla
- Give a good stir and bring all together using a wooden spoon or a spatula
- Pour the batter into a piping bag
- Pipe disc shapes on to a non-stick baking tray or a tray lined with parchment paper
- Stick in the oven for 15 mins
- or the edges of biscuits turn into a lovely golden colour
- Take out of the oven and let the biscuits cool down on the tray itself
- Give a little nudge to the biscuits with a spatula and they will slide off
- Ready to gobble down three at a time!