I am not surprised if you feel too lazy to take out all the necessary equipment to fix a cake sometimes, worrying about all the washing and wiping would be waiting!
So, why not try this recipe to save your day! Just call this, a ‘lazy cake’ because you don’t have to use the electric mixer or the mixing bowl at all. Instead, you just have to cook all the ingredients in a pan. The batter comes out creamy and silky smooth and bakes a super moist and incredibly delicious cake ever! You don’t have to ice this cake because it is perfect as it is.
This cake cannot go wrong, so do not worry. Just relax and fold the ingredients together and pop the batter into the oven. I baked this cake under 160C instead of usual 180C given the fact that the batter is a little too runny and also to achieve a more moist texture in the cake.
Tip: If the top of the cake is already browned and the middle is under cooked, cover the top with a baking sheet or just a blank-sheet and cook further 10 minutes
|Margarine or butter||200g|
Let’s make it:
Set the oven to 160 C
- In a pan heat butter until melted and add sugar. Stir until sugar dissolves and add milk
- In another pan heat water and add cocoa powder and salt. Stir under low flame until cocoa powder blooms. Pour into the pan with butter and sugar and give a good mix
- Beat eggs with a fork until frothy and add to the pan
- Add flour and baking powder together and drop to the pan.
- Mix all together until a smooth batter is formed
- It is this easy you see!
- Now that all have come together as a runny batter, pour into a lined tray with parchment paper (If the batter has lumps, send through a sieve and pour into the baking tray
- Bake in the bottom shelf of the oven for 30 mins or until a skewer comes out clean when stabbed in the middle
- Once out of the oven, cover the top of the tray with a tea towel and let the cake cool off completely
- Once cooled, take out of the tray and cut into dainty pieces. To achieve the best results, dip the knife in boiling water and wipe clean