Make these juicy beef burgers for kids coming all hungry from school or after bouncing hours in the playground! They will simply love to tuck into these and shower you with compliments! Be ready with some extra burgers in case!
Wrapped nicely in a foil, these could go into anyone’s office or school lunch pack too. The best news is that you can tuck into these home-made burger buns, without a guilt as they are free from all kinds of preservatives or processed ingredients. You can wrap the extra burgers with a cling film, place them in a plastic box and store them in the freezer which could come quite handy on a later date.
So, let’s make them;
Get ready with the following ingredients;
|Minced lean beef||300g|
|Burger buns||8 -10|
|Large onion||1 very thinly chopped|
|Tomato Ketchup||3 tbsp|
|Soy sauce||2 tbsp|
|Coriandar leaves||A handful choppped (Optional)|
|White bread slice||2 grate into crumbs|
|Salt||1/4 tsp adjust according to your taste|
- Chop the onion very thinly (any larger bits can cause the burger fall apart while frying)
- Grate the bread slice into thin crumbs
- In a large bowl add all the above ingredients; mincemeat, chopped onion, bread crumbs, chopped coriander, egg, salt, pepper and both soy and ketchup and mix thoroughly using your hands.
Test the taste
- Now, take a small potion from the mixture, make a ball, flatten it and fry both sides on a heated and oiled non-stick pan or a griddle
- Taste it and check if you need to add anything more. You can add more soy sauce, ketchup, salt or pepper and adjust the taste at this stage.
Make the burger pattis
- Now the taste is just right, take equal sized balls from the mixure and flatten them thickly. Wet your hands to make this process easier
- Place them on a tray and cover with a cling film
- Refrigirate for 1 hr
- Next, spray olive oil onto a non-stick frying pan or a griddle and place the pattis around it
- Fry one side and then slowly turn over to the other side
- Never press them down with your spatula. If pressed down, all the juices will run out, making it dry and crumbly.
- When both sides are properly cooked, place them on a kitchen paper to absorb the excess oil. Proceed with the rest of the pattis.
- Place the bottom sides of the buns on the same frying/griddle pan
- Quickly place the burger patties on top of each and top them with slices of cheese singles/slices and leave for a min for the cheese to melt slightly
- Take out from the pan and squeeze a dollop of burger sauce, ketchup or mayo on top
- Arrange slices of tomatoes, cucumber and lettuce
- Cover with the top part of the bun and press down gently.
- Wrap in foil paper and stack them on a tray
- Serve warm