Serve this pretty dome of flavourful Beetroot rice to any kid with fussy eating habits and witness how delightfully he will polish the plate off in minutes! Make a cheerful food art blending several other colours and kids will go crazy!
This is definitely a very clever way to include beetroot into your kid’s diet. The vibrant glossy red colour, the natural sweetness of the beetroot and the most uncomplicated way of making it preserves all the goodness, flavours and colour in the dish.
What is special in this recipe is that it tastes simply the best on its own without any accompaniment. However, I add a sliced boiled egg and scatter some poppadums when I serve it for older kids. For little ones, just serve as uncomplicated as it is!
Gather the following ingredients:
|Beetroot||1 large or 2|
|Olive oil or any kind of oil||1 tbsp|
|Curry Leaves (optional)|
|Salt and Pepper powder|
Let’s make :
- Grate the beetroot finely (Use a fork to hold the pieces to make it easier)
- Heat oil in a wide wok
- Saute’ chopped onion
- Add chopped garlic and stir fry a little
- Break the curry leaves into small pieces and drop
- Add all the grated beetroot and stir fry a minute
- Add salt and pepper powder
- Drop a dollop of butter for a buttery taste (You can omit this for a more healthier version)
- Add rice little by a little while mixing rapidly
- Give a good mix and adjust the taste
- Serve in a bowl or as a dome on a pretty plate