Meet the best taste enhancer for fried rice, noodles and stir fries! Dried shrimps has a distinct flavour and in this recipe, it is being stir fried with chillies and onions along with sauces in perfect proportions to win anyone’s taste buds!
While experimenting on this great taste bud winner, I came across a method to minimise the amount of oil used in it. Instead of deep-frying all the ingredients as everyone usually does, I stir-fried, using only a couple of tbsp of oil.
Surprisingly, the taste was supreme, despite not being drenched in oil like many available brands in the shop shelves. Taste this once and you will never buy any supermarket brands. Make a large batch and fill into a glass bottle and store in the fridge. It will sit in the fridge fresh and aromatic for about a month.
- 1 cup of dried shrimp
- 1 cup of thinly chopped onions
- 1 tsp of sugar
- 1/4tsp or more salt
- 1 tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Ginger and garlic freshly chopped
- 2 tbsp of chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp Vinegar
- Heat a wok and add 1 tbsp of oil
- Fry the shrimps and keep aside
- Add 1tbsp oil into the same pan, fry onions
- Push onions to a side and fry chilli flakes
- Add ginger and garlic cut into thin pieces
- Add soy sauce, sugar and salt
- Add vinegar
- Crush all into a paste using a hand blender
- Check the taste and add salt or sugar a bit more if needed. Balance the taste until it is just the right flavour you are looking for!
- Chilli paste is ready!