This delicious Egg Noodle dish is a speedy one-pot or rather a one-wok dish in which, all will come together in just less than half an hour. It is indeed a perfect dinner choice when you do not have time to bother about something elaborate and time-consuming.
The best news is that everybody in the family will get to eat lots of colourful vegetables without a fuss. This dish will taste simply delicious only with just veggies but if you prefer to take the nutrition levels a bit further, you could scatter some halved boiled eggs, some cooked prawns, chicken, or anything you could imagine. My choice is, “Chinese sweet and sour chicken” on a dome of this noodle dish which makes me feel that I am dining at the best Chinese restaurant in town!
If you have time, why not make this glorious sweet and sour chicken dish to go along with your noodles?
Chinese Sweet & Sour Chicken – Recipe link:
Rice noodles, pre-boiled noodles, or just egg noodles are perfect for this recipe. Be liberal in dropping all sorts of colorful vegetables to make this dish absolutely healthy and versatile. However, in order to preserve the authentic Chinese taste and appearance, remember to add beansprouts and mangetout and they necessarily be stir-fried in sesame oil. But do not worry if you do not have them, just opt for carrots and leek and if you use sesame oil for frying the taste will not be altered even in a fraction.
|Egg noodles (Medium)||250g|
|Leek or spring onions|
|Button mushrooms (optional)||1 cup|
|Sesame oil for frying||3tbsp|
Boil the noodles
- Boil water – half a large pan
- Drop noodles. Stir with a form or chopsticks a few times. Let boil
- Take one noodle strand and check if cooked enough. If so, drop all into a colander. drain water completely
- Now, hold the colander under the cold tap and wash the noodles thoroughly until no starch remains
- Keep aside
Prepare the vegetables
- Cut veggies into cubes or long strips
- Slice the garlics and cube the onion
- Take the string off from mangetouts
- Keep the mushrooms ready
Stir fry all
- Heat a large wok and add sessame oil
- Add cubed onion and garlic. Brown them lightly
- Add the mushrooms. Stir fry them
- Drop all the veggies and stir fry until they all are soft
- Add the beansprouts. Continue stir-frying
- Now add the sauces: Soy and Oyster . Let the sauces boil
- Drop the noodles
- Bring the noodles and veggies together with the help of tongs or two forkss
- Stir fry under high flame for a couple of minutes or until all flavours are combined thoroughly
- Scatter leeks on top
- Empty the whole lot on to a large dish, piping hot!
- Serve immediately with a side dish or some boiled eggs scattered around
- Tuck in!