You will fall in love with this silky smooth chocolate butter icing which is indeed the most delicious, perfect frosting for your chocolate cake!
Make this beautiful icing in advance and store it in a plastic box. Place the box in the fridge so that it could come in handy whenever you need to frost a cake. Super easy! It will stay fresh for several weeks!
Never forget to add the required amount of lemon juice. It simply creates magic!
Also, it’s very important to stick to the 2:1 proportions in measuring icing sugar and margarine to achieve the best results. Always the amount of margarine should be exactly half of the icing sugar.
You will need the following ingredients;
|Icing sugar||300 g|
|Margarine / Spread||125 g|
|Cocoa powder||4-5 tbsp|
|Lemon juice||1 tsp|
|Salt and Vanilla essence||3 pinches and 1 tsp|
My Amazon picks:
Let’s whip it;
- Using a sieve, swift the icing sugar until no hard bits remain
- In a large bowl add margarine and beat in high speed with an electric hand mixer, until creamy
- Add icing sugar, cocoa powder, lemon juice, salt and milk
- Beat for several rounds until everything blends into a smooth and creamy texture
- You chocolate butter icing is ready to use