Don’t we all love Chinese food simply because of its unique mouthwatering flavours and the most uncomplicated techniques of making them? It’s just a matter of chopping all and dropping all into a pan and give a quick toss and a turn, pour in sauces and, voila! job done! It is that easy and the taste is supreme too.
The generous amount of vegetables used in this recipe make it much healthier and versatile. While stirfrying the veggies I tried my best to keep their original colours intact which in turn made this dish look absolutely delightful with such an exotic assortment of colours blended together!
I bet, you will stop buying this dish from take-a-ways once you start making it at home because the homemade chicken in black bean sauce with all the colourful and crunchy veggies will become an instant favourite of your family and friends. There are many brands of black bean sauce available in supermarkets but I have always been loyal to the Blue Dragon brand which has the right balance of flavours and the right thickness to the sauce. Also, Amoy brand soy sauce goes just so well with it.
So, let’s get on with making this glorious dish!
Ingredients you will need:
|Chicken breast (cut into bite-size pieces)||250 g|
|Bell peppers (yellow, green, red) carrots and broccoli||1/2 cup each|
|Black bean sauce||4tbsp|
|Soya sauce (dark)||2tbsp|
|Spring onions||1 bunch|
|Black pepper powder||1/2tsp|
|Olive oil or any other cooking oil||2tbsp|
|Salt, pepper powder and lemon juice for marinating the chicken|
Let’s make :
- Rub salt, pepper and lemon juice on chicken and leave for 20 mins
- Heat oil in a pan
- Drop the chicken and stir-fry until chicken is properly cooked
- Heat 1tbsp of oil in a vok and drop garlic and cubed onion first. Stir fry
- Drop all the veggies and stir fry until cooked enough. Keep them slightly crunchy
- Now, add the chicken and give stir fry all together for a minute or two
- Push all to a corner of the vok.Pour in soy sauce and black bean sauce and let the sauces boil
- Bring all together
- Give a good toss
- Adjust the taste
- Serve hot!