These fleshy Tilapia fish fillets, with a very appetizing crispy cornflakes outer layer, could be the best, pan-fried fish fillets you could ever dream of. Very quick and deliciously healthy dinner choice in which you could include an assortment of colourful steamed or grilled veggies.
This unique recipe was passed on to me by one of my Goan friends who is an expert in producing mouthwatering fish dishes. Rolling the fish fillets on crushed cornflakes is a breakthrough in producing such beautifully crunchy outer crust. Who would have thought that cornflakes could play such an exciting role other than floating in milk in the cereal bowl? So, try this easy peasy recipe and enjoy your crunchy fish fillets for dinner tonight!
So, gather the necessary ingredients and let’s make it;
What you will need:
|Fish fillets (Tilapia)||4|
|Salt||a few pinches|
|Chili powder or paprika powder||1/2 tsp|
|Cornflakes crushed||1/2 cup|
Let’s make :
- Defrost the fish fillets and season with salt, chili or paprika powder and lemon juice
- Place the crushed cornflakes on a flat pan and drop each fish fillet on it. Dust liberaly on both sides. Press down the cornflakes
- Heat up 2-3 tbsp of olive oil in a wide pan and place two fish fillets side by side
- Pan fry under low flame
- When one side is fried enough, carefully turn on to the other side. Fry both sides until golden and crispy
- If the oil runs out, sprinkle a bit more on top of the fillets
- Serve hot. Delicious with grilled tomatoes or an assortment of colourful veggies on the side
These beautiful, grilled, cherry tomatoes look and taste great as a side dish when you are serving baked/grilled fish. Also, without a doubt, the burnt taste blended with the light sourness and sweetness of the cherry tomatoes will enhance the taste of your main dish.
The grilling process is as follows:
- Get the cheery tomatoes with the stem intact. Prick each one lightly with a toothpick
- Place on a baking tray lined up with a foil
- Sprinkle salt and olive oil. Roll them until they are wrapped with salt and oil
- Grill under 200 C oven
- Serve warm with their juices braised on tomatoes
Please click the older post link for more posts in this category