If you are tired of making the same chicken dishes over and over again why not try this spicy, masala recipe?
The combination of natural ingredients and shallow frying in olive oil, undoubtedly make this dish delicious and healthy too. Let the kids pick these juicy drumsticks with their fingers and eat them away merrily! Well, look away if they end up licking their fingers!
You need the following ingredients for the marinade:
|Mild red chili powder||1/2 tbsp|
|Coriander powder and cumin powder||1 tsp each|
|Garam masala||1 tbsp|
|Ginger and garlic paste||1 tbsp|
|Lemon juice||3/4 lemon|
|Olive oil||2 tbsp|
|Red food colour – powder (optional)||2 pinches|
Let’s make :
- Using a sharp knife, make a couple of slashes on each drumstick
- Mix all the above ingredients in a bowl using your fingers. Add a bit more depending on your taste
- Leave aside for 20 mins
- Pour about 3 tbsp of olive oil into a wide pan and heat up
- Drop the drumsticks and shallow fry, constantly turning
- Once they are cooked properly, push them to a side and drop some onion rounds and fry them. These could be served on the side.
- Take out the drumsticks and arrange them on a foil placed on a flat plate along with onion rounds and a wedge of lemon
- Take a few bread slices and toast both sides on the same pan. The bread slices will be nicely coated with the juices from the chicken and could be served on the side
- Some steamed vegetables tossed on butter or a crunchy salad will go just right with the drumsticks
- Bon appetite!