Kids’ will go wild with excitement when they come to know that these crunchy chocolate cookies are made with their all-time favourite Nutella spread!
I guarantee that even adults cannot resist a crunchy bite of these perfect cookies. You start with one and finish with several of them! So, beware! You could easily become addicted to them.
You can create more excitement at home by inviting kids to join you in making these. The whole process is very easy and straightforward, so they will not leave an almighty mess in the pantry. I am sure they will be delighted to taste the crunchy cookies made by their own little hands. No need to emphasize that a cup of warm hot chocolate will beautifully complement the cookies!
Store them in an air-tight jar if anything is left!
You need the following ingredients to make these:
|Nutella chocolate spread||125 g|
|Plain flour||200 g|
Milk chocolate chips or chocolates broken into small pieces
|Baking powder||1/2 tsp|
|Cocoa powder||10g or 2tbsp|
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / 350 F/ Gas mark 4)
- Mix sugar butter. Beat together using an electric hand mixer for 2mins (Do not mix too much as the cookies will not become crunchy)
- Add the egg and beat for 1 min
- Add Nutella spread, vanilla and beat for 2 mins
- Stir in the chocolate pieces
- Mix baking powder, plain flour, cocoa powder and salt. Sieve onto the mixture
- Now, gently fold everything together using a rubber spatula
- Spread a baking parchment paper on a baking tray. Scoop a tablespoonful of the chocolate mixture and place on the tray. Wet the spoon if the dough sticks to the spoon. Continue with the rest of the mixture leaving enough space for them to spread as they bake
- Prepare two trays if space is not enough
- Place the tray in the bottom of the oven and bake for exactly 20 mins (remember to set the timer)
- Take the tray out of the oven and let the cookies cool on the tray itself. Do not take the cookies out of the tray until they are completely cooled. The heat of the tray will make the cookies become crunchy
- You need another tray for the rest of the dough
- Most importantly, once the cookies are out of the oven, let them fully cool off on the tray itself. This is the trick to make them crispy and crunchy. Do not worry if you notice they are still soggy when you take them out of the oven because they will get crispy with the heat of the tray.
- Store in an air-tight jar. They will stay crispy up to 5 days
Please click the older post link for more posts in this category