Meet the best taste enhancer for fried rice, noodles and stir fries! Dried shrimps has a distinct flavour and in this recipe, it is being stir fried with chillies and onions along with sauces in perfect proportions to win anyone’s taste buds!
While experimenting on this great taste bud winner, I came across a method to minimise the amount of oil used in it. Instead of deep-frying all the ingredients as everyone usually does, I stir-fried, using only a couple of tbsp of oil.
Surprisingly, the taste was supreme, despite not being drenched in oil like many available brands in the shop shelves. Taste this once and you will never buy any supermarket brands. Make a large batch and fill into a glass bottle and store in the fridge. It will sit in the fridge fresh and aromatic for about a month.
|Dried shrimp||1 cup|
|Chopped onions||1/2 cup|
|Ginger and garlic chopped||2tbsp|
You will need the following ingredients: (You can add more of any of these according to your taste)
- In 2tbsp of oil, fry the dried shrimp and keep aside
- Add 1tbsp more oil and fry onions and keep aside
- Add 1tbsp of oil and fry chilli flakes, chopped ginger and garlic
- Bring all together and give a good mix
- Add soy sauce, sugar and salt
- Add vinegar
- Check the taste and add more salt and sugar accordingly, until it is just the right flavour you are looking for!
- Crush all into a paste using a hand blender
- Your delicious chilli paste is ready!