I call this my ‘lazy cake’ because one day, I felt too lazy to take the electric mixer out and decided to just mix all the ingredients in a pan. Voila! the cake came out super moist and incredibly delicious! To my surprise, it did not need to be iced with butter icing as I usually do for my other chocolate cakes because it tasted best as it was. The dainty cake slices were a real joy to pop into the mouth and savour every crumb!
This cake cannot go wrong, so do not worry. Just relax and fold the ingredients together and pop the batter into the oven. I baked this cake under 160C instead of usual 180C given the fact that the batter is a little too runny and also to achieve a more moist texture in the cake.
|Margarine or butter||200g|
Set the oven to 160C
Let’s make it:
- In a pan heat butter until melted and add sugar. Stir until sugar dissolves and add milk
- In another pan heat water and add cocoa powder and salt. Stir under low flame until cocoa powder blooms. Pour into the pan with butter and sugar and give a good mix
- Beat eggs with a fork until frothy and add to the pan
- Add flour and mix all together
- It is this easy you see!
- Now that all have come together as a runny batter, pour into a lined tray with parchment paper
- Bake in the bottom shelf of the oven for 30 mins or until a skewer comes out clean when stabbed in the middle
- Once out of the oven, cover the top of the tray with a tea towel and let the cake cool off completely
- Once cooled, take out of the tray and cut into dainty pieces. To achieve the best results, dip the knife in boiling water and wipe clean