This cheesy, meaty and juicy lasagne is a real winner when it comes to feed a crowd. Just one-pot dish with meat, an assortment of veggies, layers of pasta topped with lots of cheese, could be the most satisfying meal for your family or to feed a party of guests.
Rather than making the sauce from scratch, I opted for my favourite Loyds Grossman pasta sauce as it fulfils all the needs of a juicy sauce that enhances the flavours to satisfy everyone’s taste buds.
So, precisely this is not the traditional way of making lasagne, but, it is rather a quick fix, but insanely delicious.
I usually make the pasta-filling, the day before so that it tastes even better, in addition to the whole process becoming much more easier. Also, make a list of ingredients and buy everything from a supermarket and keep ready, in order not to run to the shops in the midst of making it.
So, let’s start.
Gather all these necessary ingredients:
|Lasagne sheets||1 packet|
|Dolmio lasagne creamy white sauce||1 bottle|
|Loyd Grossman tomato and chili pasta sauce||1 bottle|
|Good quality minced lean beef or minced chicken||500 g|
|Baby spinach||5 handfuls|
|Soy sauce – dark||1 tbsp|
|Bell peppers (red, green, yellow) – 1 from each colour|
|Tomato ketch-up and Mayonnaise||2 tbsp each|
|Parmesan Cheese grated|
|Mozzarella cheese grated|
Boil and keep the Lasagne sheets ready;
- Fill a large pan with water and add a few drops of oil and a few pinches of salt into it
- Boil the water rapidly under high flame
- Arrange lasagna sheets upright around the pan as shown in the picture, lower the flame to medium
- They will slide down slowly while boiling away
- Boil them for 10-15 mins until tender and remove gently and run cold water on them
- Leave to cool being careful not let them stick to each other
Let’s make the meat filling now:
- Into a large wok, pour 2 tbsp of olive oil
- Fry the chopped onion and garlic
- Drop carrots and beans. (Cut carrots into thin rounds and then into quarters. Stir fry until tender
- Add three bell peppers cut into squares and stir fry
- Add soy sauce
- Add salt and pepper powder to taste
- Push all the veggies into a side of the wok and add meat. Brown the meet
- Stir fry under medium flame. Do not close the lid
- Now add the Loyd pasta sauce
- Bring veggies and meet together and stir fry a few more minutes
- Finally add the spinach and stir fry until the sauce is properly cooked. Adjust taste at this point
- Keep to cool
Now pre – heat the oven to 180 C.
Let’s start the fun part of layering the lasagne sheets.
- Get a wide Pyrex dish / oven proof baking dish / best choice is a typical lasagne dish
- Spread a layer of meat first
- Then lay lasagna sheets neatly on top to cover the meat. Do not overlap the sheets
- Next, pour a layer of Dolmio white sauce on top of lasagna sheets
- Spread a handful of chedder cheese on the top
- Another layer of meat goes next
- A layer of Lasagna sheets on top
- Again pour a layer of white sauce and top with cheese
- Keep repeating the same until the layers come to the brim of the dish.
- Now, toss a lot of Parmesan cheese on top
- Finally, sprinkle Mozzarella cheese liberally
- Stick it in the oven and bake for 30-45 mins
- After 30 min sneek a peek. If the top has turned into a tempting golden brown, take the dish out
- Let the dish sit for 10 mins before start serving
- Cut into squares and dip a spatula to gently lift the pieces up on to plates
- Serve warm with garlic bread or on its own