This recipe is a very colourful and equally flavourful -fried rice with an ample amount of vegetables, both for nutritional values and enriched taste. This is something very easy to make for a special occasion – to go with a juicy chicken curry or any vegetable side dish of your choice or on it’s own with a boiled egg.
Let’s Make it :
Cut carrots, green beans, leeks, one onion and a red capsicum chili into very small pieces. chop some ginger and garlic. Keep aside.
Lets cook the rice :
- You need to wash and soak 1 & 1/2 cup of Basmati rice in water for about 20 mins. Then add water just above the level of rice. Drop a few pinches of salt, turmeric or saffron , two cloves, a cinnamon stick, two cardamoms and a few drops of oil to prevent rice from sticking. Cook under low flame.
- When the rice is half cooked, add two tbsp of Maggi Coconut milk powder or the same amount of fresh thick coconut milk. This will give a creamy taste to the rice. Open the lid and let the steam escape. Run a spoon through and let the rice to rest. Mix a dash of turmeric to give a lovely colour.
Prepare the vegetables now:
- Heat up a wide wok and add a generous amount of butter. (olive oil or any other oil will not give the required flavour. )
- Add the chopped onion, ginger and garlic. Fry until golden.
- Now add carrots and beans. Close the lid briefly to soften them.
- Add the capsicum and leek whites first, lastly it’s green parts.
- Fry until the vegetables are soft, being careful not to let them change colour by getting over cooked. ( See the pic above)
- Add the rice gradually while mixing with the vegetables.
- Finally, give all a very nice shake and sprinkle some Chinese chili paste on top to give a real zing !!!