These fish fillets with golden crispy coating and soft inner flakes taste delicious when served straight out of the frying pan. A perfectly healthy dinner choice with an assortment of steamed veggies tossed on a dollop of butter. King fish is the best choice for this recipe for its soft flaky texture, so I suggest you opt for either frozen or fresh King fish fillets for best results.
Let’s make the fish fillets:
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on the fish fillets and keep aside.
- Mix 1/4 cup of plain flour with water to make a thick batter. Add a pinch or two turmeric to give colour and two pinches of salt.
- In a flat plate, drop a cup of golden breadcrumbs.
Dip it / Wrap it
- Now, dip fish fillets in the batter, wrap in the breadcrumbs.
- and deep fry both sides until it turns into a nice golden colour.
- Let them rest on a kitchen paper .
- Serve with a wedge of a lemon on the side.
- Best served with steamed veggies.
Now prepare the veggies:
- Take any choice of veggies, wash and cut them into any shape you prefer. Just peel the garlic cloves. (Broccoli, Cauliflower, Green beans, Carrots, Peas, Okra, Cabbage or any other of your favourite vegetable will go just right with this platter)
- Place all the veggies and garlic cloves in the steamer and steam until the veggies are soft but their colour should be intact. If you steam a longer time, their natural colours turn dull.
- Heat a wide wok and drop a teaspoon of butter and let it melt.
- Toss the veggies in butter, season them with salt and pepper.
- Your vegetables are ready!!