Make these crisp, golden-brown hash browns for your supper tonight !!
Serve them on a heap of a green salad, plain couscous or noodles as a side dish to make it a perfectly healthy and satisfying meal.
Bon appetit !!
What you need:
|Potatoes (preferably waxy)||3|
|Onion and a large green chili chopped|
|Salt, chili or paprika powder to taste|
|Pepper powder||1 tsp|
|Plain flour||4 tbsp|
|Olive oil or any other oil to shallow fry|
Let’s make it:
- Peel and coarsely grate the potatoes and chop the onion very thinly.
- Place the grated potatoes and onion in the middle of a tea towel and squeeze dry. This will let all the excess liquids to drain out
- Place the potatoes, egg, salt, pepper and plain flour in a bowl and mix thoroughly using your hands.
- Add green chili, chili powder and adjust the taste at this point
- Place a boll of the mixture on your palm and make a thick, round pattie.
- Dust both sides with plain flour
- Make a few more
- Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil on a non-stick pan and gently place them on it
- Shallow fry on medium – high flame both sides until golden
- Place on a wire rack to cool off slightly
- Serve immediately with ketchup or sweet chili sauce
Tip: Avoid eggs and add an extra tbsp of flour to make it a vegetarian version