This is my easier version of Creme’ Caramel Pudding, made with condensed milk and baked in the oven.
This oven baked version is a real bliss on a busy day, when you’re cooking 4 dishes at the same time for a party or for an elaborate meal. Just stick the pudding into the oven, set the timer and forget about it. While you are attending to numerous other stuff, the oven will bake it to the perfection and could be cut into several dainty blocks, making it easier to serve. Hence, this will be ideal as a dessert for a larger gathering.
Let’s make it:
You will need only these few ingredients :
|Condensed milk can||380g or 400 g (small size)|
|White sugar||1 tbsp|
|Water||2 cans from the empty condensed milk can|
|Lemon zest/Vanilla||1 lemon peel grated into tiny pieces and Vanilla 2 tsp|
Set the oven to 180 C
- Sugar 5 tbsp
- Water 1/2 cup
- Place sugar and water in a pan and boil in high heat.
- Do not stir with a spoon because the caramel can stick on it. Hold from both ends and shake the pan from time to time.
- The caramel will turn into a lovely golden colour after a several minutes.
- Immediately, switch off the flame and take the pan out.
- Straightaway, pour the caramel on to the bottom of the pudding bowl or tray.
(This will stick like glossy glass onto the bottom but do not worry. While baking, it just adjusts into a lovely treacle.)
Butter it :
- Just after pouring caramel into the tray, take a little butter onto your hand and rub it around the tray so that the pudding will not stick to the tray/bowl once baked.
Blend it :
Into your blender jar, pour the following:
- Condenced milk tin.
- Wash the tin and two tins of water
- 6 Eggs
- 1 tbsp of sugar.
- Blend in high speed exactly for 30 seconds
- 2 tbsp Vanilla and lemon zest
Blend in high speed exactly for 30 seconds.
Pour it :
- Pour the creamy liquid into a tray.
- Place the pudding tray on another wider tray filled 1/4 of it with water. (Double boiling)
Bake it :
- Cover the pudding tray loosely with a foil or you can opt for not covering it
- Gently place the double trays in the oven and bake for 40mins or until baked completely.
Serve it :
- Let the pudding sit until completely cooled off.
- Place in the fridge.
- Cut into equal size squares and scrape them out, dipping a flat knife or a spatula to the bottom. Then, scoop out some caramel juices and pour over the pudding squares before serving.