Serve this quick-and-easy, delicious deviled prawns at any main meal, you will be surprised how those who ate it will love every bite of it.
Make sure you opt for king prawns for making this dish; then, rub them with some lemon juice and keep aside for a while to get rid of the fishy smell.
If you prefer the taste of veggies to that of prawns, be liberal with them by adding diced carrots, quartered green beans, spring onions or leeks. This will make the portion a bit larger and healthier, but the original recipe with chili and bell peppers gives a distinct fiery taste that will stimulate anyone’s taste buds instantly.
You will need the following ingredients to make it
|King Prawns – washed, devined, shell removed||250 g|
|Red, Green,Yellow bell peppers||1 each cubed|
|Brown sugar||1/4 tbsp|
|Soy sauce||1 tbsp or a bit more|
|Fish sauce||1/2 tbsp (optional)|
|Ginger garlic paste or both grated||1 tbsp|
|Onion||1 big cubed|
|Turmeric, Chili powder||1/2 tsp each|
|Red food colour powder (Biryani colour) – Optional||two pinches|
|Juice of 1/4 of a lemon|
- Rub salt, ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder, red chili powder, red food colour and lemon juice into the prawns
- Keep aside for 20 – 30 mins
Stir fry it
- Heat up oil and stir fry prawns under medium flame until cooked
- Push the cooked prawns to a side of the pan and drop cubed bell peppers, garlic cloves and cubed onion
- Stir fry all together for a few minutes. Do not let the peppers and the onion lose their crunchiness
- Add soy sauce, sugar and fish sauce
- Toss a few more pinches of chili flakes or Chinese chili paste at this point if you’d prefer a spicier taste
- Stir fry vigorously under high flame tossing the veggies and prawns together
- Switch off flame and let the pan sit for a few mins allowing all the flavours to blend.
- The prawns are now ready to serve with a bowl of steaming noodles
- Yummy !