Radish, relieves toxins from kidneys and provides numerous health benefits. In addition, it is a natural remedy to facilitate bowel movements, which in turn keep the constipation at bay. This salad is made from tender raw Radish leaves, which enhances the taste of a simple combination of plain rice and curries – as a side dish or something delicious on it’s own. You can find radish leaves in bunches in Asian fruit and vegetable shops or straight it out of your veggie patch in the garden.
Let’s make it:
- Separate the radish leaves from their stems, wash and shake off the water.
- Cut very finely and drop into a bowl.
- Chop an onion and a green chili very thinly and keep aside of the bowl.
- Take a handful of scraped coconut and drop it on to the same side.
- Now sprinkle two pinches of salt and squeeze half a lemon onto coconut.
- Mix all thoroughly with your fingers.
- Now bring radish leaves together.
- Check the taste and add a few more drops of lemon juice, if necessary.
- If you are offering this delicious salad to kids or to anyone who is not accustomed to chilies, omit green chilies, without affecting the taste.