The silky texture in this raita will make a juicy accompaniment for parathas, biryani or any kind of rice or rotis. Kids will love to scoop it up with pieces of parathas and enjoy the cool, refreshing creaminess of it.
As a matter of fact, it’s a cooling balance for spicy dishes and the pro-biotic in yoghurt helps in digesting food.
There are many varieties of popular raitas, but this one with cooling cucumbers, combined with juicy tomatoes, is my favourite. The pan roasted cumin in this raita gives a nice aroma as well as a form of catalyst to stimulate digestion.
Make this easy raita :
- Take two dollops of full fat plain yoghurt, mix 2 tbsp plain water and whisk until smooth and creamy.
- Add red onions, a juicy tomato (deseeded), cucumber cut into small chunky pieces.
- Season with salt and pepper powder.
- Heat up a pan and sprinkle some cumin seeds. Dry roast them until golden and grind them using a pestle and mortar
- Sprinkle the crushed cumin seeds.
- Toss some thinly cut mint leaves
- Mix all well and adjust the taste.
- Your raita is ready!