Kids will love these crunchy, chocolate cookies. The shop bought ones cannot even come closer to these! So easy to make too. You can get the kids to help with the whole process. I even let my little one to pop the tray into the oven under my supervision. They will be delighted to eat these yummy, crunchy cookies made by their own little hands. Store them in an air-tight jar only if any left!
You need the following ingredients to make these:
|Nutella chocolate spread||125 g|
|Plain flour||200 g|
|Soft brown sugar||90 g|
Milk chocolate drops-
Or chocs break into small pieces
|Baking powder||1/2 tsp|
|Cocoa powder||10 g|
|Vanilla and salt||3 drops each|
Let’s get started,
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 C / 350 F/ Gas mark 4).
- Mix both types of sugar , add to butter and whisk together with an electric hand mixer until creamy. (Do not beat too much as the cookies could not become crunchy)
- Add the egg and continue beating.
- Add Nutella spread, vanilla and mix all together.
- Mix baking powder, plain flour, cocoa powder and salt together and sieve in to the mixture.
- Stir in the chocolate pieces.
- Now gently fold everything together using a wooden spoon.
- Spread a baking parchment paper on a baking tray and place tablespoonfuls of chocolate mixture on to the tray leaving enough space for them to spread as they bake.
- Prepare two trays if the space is not enough
- Place the tray in the bottom of the oven and bake exactly 14 mins.
- Most importantly, once the cookies are out of the oven, you must let them fully cool down on the tray itself. This is the trick to make them crispy and crunchy. Do not worry if you notice they are still soggy when you take them out of the oven because they get crispy with the heat of the tray.
- After all the cookies are cool enough to handle, gently take one by one out of the tray using a flat spatula and transfer onto a cooling rack.
- Store in an air-tight jar . They will stay crispy up to 5 days.