The dainty colour combination of this cake will make a delightful sight for a little girl’s birthday party. The creamy butter icing between layers and on the top is heavenly with every mouthful.
You need the following items to make them:
|Self Raising flour||300 g|
|Stork spread||300 g|
|Caster sugar||300 g|
|Lemon juice||2 tsp|
|Baking powder||1 tsp|
Let’s Start: Set the oven to 180 Celsius . (Temperature conversion is given under Tips)
- Beat butter and sugar together until creamy, using an electric hand mixer.
- Add eggs, one at a time. Make sure you beat well after each addition.
- Add vanilla essence, lemon juice and salt and beat for two rounds.
- Mix baking powder to flour and sieve onto the cake batter, holding well above it. Fold the flour gently with a wooden spoon until everything incorporates into a creamy batter.
- Mix milk and fold.
- Line up a baking tray with parchment paper and spoon the batter into the baking tray and flatten with a spatula.
- Lift up the tray and drop it twice onto your kitchen top, allowing the batter to spread and settle evenly on the try.
- Pop into the oven and bake for 15 – 20 mins. Baking time could vary according to the settings of your oven.
- Insert a skewer into the middle of the cake and if it comes clean, your cake is ready.
- Take it out from the oven and let it rest for 10 mins.
- Slowly remove from the tray and place it on a cooling rack.
- Let the cake cool completely before icing. This will take an hour or two.
What you need for the icing:
- Icing sugar- 300 g (Sieve twice to get the best smooth icing sugar)
- Stork spread – 125 g
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp
- Milk – 1 tbsp
- Vanilla essence – two drops
- Liquid cake colours – red and green or any of your choice
Let’s make the icing:
- Cream up all together using an electric hand mixer .
- Divide the icing into two different bowls.
- Drop two drops from red into one bowl to make pink colour and two drops from green into another bowl and mix thoroughly. Fill a separate bowl with plain icing cream.
- I mix two drops from blue and yellow and make my own green, which is unique in colour. Now, you have three different colours: plain , red and green.
- Next, cut the sides and top layer off from the cake. Dip a long bread knife in hot water, wipe clean and slice the cake across from top and bottom so that you have three free layers.
- Take a dollop from the plain icing cream and spread it across the lowest slice. Place the second layer on top and press it lightly. Now spread a layer of green icing cream on top. Place the top layer and press down lightly. Spread a layer of pink icing cream on the top.
- Immediately after, sprinkle colourful sprinkles or desiccated coconut dipped in any colour.
- Your pretty fairy cake is ready!!